Dr Wessam Atteya
BDS, ADC, FRACDS, MFDS RCS-Ed, MFD RCS-I, MFDS RCS-Eng, MFDS RCPS-Glasg
Wessam was initially drawn to dentistry after his own unpleasant experience as a kid in the dental chair, which made him think that “a dentist visit should be a better experience”.
Wessam graduated from the University of Cairo in 2000 and he moved to Australia in 2010 for perusing further studies for the Australian Dental Council examinations. Wessam absolutely loves living in Melbourne and calls it “home” now.
Dr Atteya has almost 20 years of experience treating patients which he gained in public and private practices both in Melbourne and in Cairo. He also lectures for Overseas Trained Dentists to help them gain the qualifications required in Australia.
Dr Atteya worked at the Royal Dental Hospital of Melbourne and lectured for the Clinical Training Unit of the Dental Health Services of Victoria, as he strongly believes that continuing professional development is a must to keep up with advancements in modern dentistry, and to ensure evidence-based practice. He is also a Mentor for the MRACDS program in the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons.
Dr Atteya serves on the Continuing Professional Development Committee of the Australian Dental Association – Victorian Branch, since 2017.
Dr Atteya practices almost all facets of dentistry and has special interests in Implant Dentistry and Oral Surgery (particularly wisdom teeth surgeries), as well as Root Canal Treatment and Cosmetic Dentistry.
Wessam believes that excellent dentistry provided with compassion could have a long lasting, profound effect on a patient’s life. His motto is “Quality dentistry, quality life’.
According to his patients, Wessam provides high end dentistry and exceptionally gentle care. As such, his patients like to see no other dentists after seeing him.
In his free time, Wessam likes to play soccer and tennis with his two daughters and wife.
Dr Atteya is a qualified dentist and is:
- Fellow – RACDS “Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons”, Australia
- Member – ADA “Australian Dental Association”, Australia
- Member – MFDS RCSEd “Faculty of Dental Surgery, the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh”, UK
- Member – MFDS RCSEng “Faculty of Dental Surgery, the Royal College of Surgeons of England”, UK
- Member – MFDS RCPSGlasg “Faculty of Dental Surgery, the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow”, UK
- Member – MFD RCSI “Faculty of Dentistry, the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland”, Ireland
- Member – ITI “International Team for Implantology”, Switzerland
- Member – AOS “Australian Osseointegration Society”, Australia
- Member – ICOI “International Congress of Oral Implantologists”, USA
- Member – APS “Australian Prosthodontic Society”, Australia
- Member – FOR “Foundation for Oral Rehabilitation”, Switzerland.
Why choose Dr Atteya:
- Taking the time to listen to you and promise to deliver treatment in a gentle and comfortable manner.
- Practising evidence-based high-end dentistry.
- Qualified professional with almost 20 years of experience and dedication to continuous post-graduate education.
- Schedule your appointments early morning, late afternoon and on Saturdays, so you never have to take time off work.
- Using the latest cutting-edge digital technology, e.g. digital imaging (digital X-rays) to reduce radiation exposure.
- Fully computerised record keeping, and efficient communication with all other healthcare providers when needed.
- Comprehensive range of general dentistry services together with cosmetic treatments such as Invisalign (invisible braces), tooth whitening and oral hygiene services.
- Non-judgemental diagnosis. I am not here to judge, I am here to treat. All I want is to help you restore your teeth, gums and smile to good health.